ℝ𝔸𝔽𝕋 π•Šπ•‹β„π”Έπ•‹π”Όπ”Ύπ•

 


Class Activity


Writing Strategies: RAFT

Role of the Writer: Who or what are you as the writer?

Audience: To whom are you writing?

Format: In what format are you writing?

Topic: What are you writing about? Why?


RAFT is a writing strategy that helps students understand their roles as writers, the audience they will address, the varied formats for writing, and the topic they'll be writing about. By using this strategy, teachers encourage students to write creatively, to consider a topic from a different perspective, and to gain practice writing for different audiences.


Click the paragraph above to learn more about the RAFT writing strategy


Task: Using the Strategy and the topic of Hurricane Preparedness, write an expository composition.


Here is what I came up with!


 

Weirs Estate

St. George

Antigua

September 12th, 2022

 

Dear Billy Bob,

                How are you and the family doing? I’ve noticed that you have not visited me in quite some time and I am writing to let you know that it is time to pay me a visit. Last year summer, when I had lots of mangoes to offer, you and the entire family visited me every day. However, it seems that because I have no fruits to offer this year you have completely abandoned me. I appreciated it when you came by and ensured that my surroundings were clean and removed any unsafe objects that could endanger the lives of those around me. As the hurricane season is approaching, I would like to request that you please take the time to lend me a helping hand to cut down some of my overgrown branches that may become a hazard during strong storm conditions. I heard on the radio just last week that this hurricane season promises to be filled with quite a few storms that could possibly be category three and above. Seeing as I cannot trim my own branches and make my surroundings safe, I am really depending on you to help me complete this very important task before the hurricane season arrives.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

 

Yours truly,

Mango Tree




Comments